Saturday 28 January 2017

Leaving the house

So it's my favourite time of the morning again, you know, the funny hours between midnight and 6am that you normally sleep. Seriously though, Willow is my living alarm clock, now she's fed, changed and now sleeping again, I've been left wide awake so I'm preparing for the day ahead.


Me and Jodie spoke yesterday about heading out this morning to Babies 'R' Us to have a look at a few bits. By "have a look" I mean we are probably going to spend far too much on cute things and forget the one item we planned to get! The struggle is real for sure.


We need to go look for some cot/travel cot system for Willow, to our surprise the lovely Moses basket we fell in love with from Izziwotnot is now becoming a little cramped for our 5 week old. She's not a big baby by any means, but shes getting so long! Already grown an inch since birth!

Before leaving the house, there's a bit of a checklist to complete, were getting better and faster at it, but it's still a bit of a chore. (gets easier right?)

1. Feed Willow
2. Burp Repeatedly, congratulate and compliment her on said burps for some reason (anyone else?)
3. Change Willow, sometimes change again, little pee diva.
4. Get changing bag ready; Nappies, wipes, bib, spare clothes, dummies (sterilise again), bottle (sterilise first), muslin cloths, poo bags and some random bits that we never use but pack anyway.
5. Get ready myself, Jodie takes on Willow duty
6. Jodie gets ready, I take on Willow duty
7. Double check changing bag for no reason
8. (Optional) get carried away babbling at Willow
9. Get the car seat ready, Willow gets locked in
10. Shoes on
11. Get in the car and GO!
12. Run back in the house for random forgotten item


It can sometimes take us a good hour or more to get ready and leave the house, no matter how much a pre-pack or plan things out! Luckily once Willow gets in the car seat, she falls asleep instantly and we make the time up by zooming through shops before she wakes up and needs food, changing and staring at some more. Admittedly, I lose a lot of time just sitting there babbling at her but when my baby babbles, you better believe I babble back!


So the plan is to leave early (Sunday hours so maybe 9-10?) browse some things, come home and relax on my last night off before work (work/life balancing sucks). Not too shabby for a Sunday plan, I'm hoping we can sneak a cheeky fast food lunch in there somewhere too oh and plenty of coffee. I'm going to time and update this later on exactly how we did!






No comments:

Post a Comment