Thursday 28 September 2017

The Holiday #2

Here we go again! It's been some time since I wrote but hey, I've been busy, it happens!

Here we are on the second Clarke family holiday, the first one was when Willow was only 9 weeks old, wow that seems like a lifetime ago, now she's 9 MONTHS old! Where has that gone?!

This time we have travelled roughly 400 miles over 9 hours to a quaint little bay in Hayle, Cornwall. What a lovely place it is! What's pretty cool is, I came here with my family when I was much much younger, so to come back to the exact spot with our own family now has been something I've really enjoyed. I've remembered little places and features that I had never really thought about before, I guess it's just being back in the place, the memories are coming back to me.

This time around Willow is a totally different child. When we went away when she was 9 weeks old, the only thing she could really do was lay there and take it all in. Now she's crawling, talking, laughing and generally being a much older baby, this time it's been much more special and memorable. Not to mention, we actually sleep more at night than we did all those months ago, not as much as the average person might sleep but it's good enough!

We've been to the local beach, the classic town St. Ives, the holiday park pool and arcade and even a farm to pick vegetables (Willow slept through that one, enjoyed the meal we made from them though!) And we're only now entering day 5, because Willow slept through all night last night for the first time in weeks, of course I naturally woke up at 4 am and found some tie to myself to ramble on here!

One thing we really enjoy about these little holidays is the escape feeling you get. Moving into a new home last month and now being introduced to a crawling baby to keep more of an eye on (she's unstoppable and getting into EVERYTHING!) mixed with the constant work stresses and busy nature of life itself. Things started to get a little overwhelming for us so a little break away from the real world was right on the menu for us. Sometimes you just need that refresh to go back with a clear mind and a new mindset. So that's what we're achieving down here, no thinking about this bill or that alarm to wake up for work, just a week of being a family and enjoying every last minute of it.

Despite the weather a little on the wet side while we've been down here, we've made it our own. With the couple of days we've enjoyed sunshine, we make the most of the outside, when it rains, enjoy the inside. Pretty simple!

Now as I prepare for another day to make memories, I'll sign off for now. I'm starting to get used to this relaxed life, if only I could do it full time!

No comments:

Post a Comment